Re: [OM] Car accidents

Subject: Re: [OM] Car accidents
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:57:53 +0000
Cc: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm not sure that I understand this Albert.  Where is the point in an
insurance policy that will not cover any accident?

I keep my XA handy for such occasions.

Chris

At 14:06 +0800 19/11/02, Albert wrote:
I do what my friend does now; I try to keep a camera in a car.
(Mostly my P&S Konica, the sun's not good for the film or camera,
but I don't care all that much).

I saw a Volvo get into an accident with another car (Hyndai I think)
and of course, we all know who won.  I got out of the car, and
started taking pictures.  I gave the roll after I was done to the
plaintiff. Next time, I'll be more capitalistic like my friend and
sell it to the highest bidder ;-)
But car accidents tragic as they might be, make for great photos.
My ex-gf got into a bad car accident, and I took pics.  The
insurance wouldn't pay for any accident that was severe to the point
the airbags deployed.  The bodyshop said they replaced the airbag,
which was a lie, the airbags never deployed.  The insurance said the
bodyshop was charging them for it, and they wanted my ex to pay.
Well, good thing me and my OM was there that day; because a few pics
in my hand made the insurance company retract their statement, and
the bodyshop to lose all of the insurance company's business from
that point on.

Albert

--
?