[OM] Car accidents

Subject: [OM] Car accidents
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:06:07 +0800
I do what my friend does now; I try to keep a camera in a car. (Mostly my P&S Konica, the sun's not good for the film or camera, but I don't care all that much).

I saw a Volvo get into an accident with another car (Hyndai I think) and of course, we all know who won. I got out of the car, and started taking pictures. I gave the roll after I was done to the plaintiff. Next time, I'll be more capitalistic like my friend and sell it to the highest bidder ;-) But car accidents tragic as they might be, make for great photos. My ex-gf got into a bad car accident, and I took pics. The insurance wouldn't pay for any accident that was severe to the point the airbags deployed. The bodyshop said they replaced the airbag, which was a lie, the airbags never deployed. The insurance said the bodyshop was charging them for it, and they wanted my ex to pay. Well, good thing me and my OM was there that day; because a few pics in my hand made the insurance company retract their statement, and the bodyshop to lose all of the insurance company's business from that point on.

Albert