Re: [OM] OT Cars

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Cars
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 01:07:42 -0800
In Jarretsville, MD, one crossroad to the Jarretsville Pike is named Paper Mill Road to the West and Sweet Air Road going East.

Moose

Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

Jamie wrote (about the smell of a paper pulp mill):
snip
>sorta smells like a logger?

Well, I WAS gonna say, "No, more like what Jim Timpe said: an overworked catalytic converter. Sulfur. Rotten eggs. Hydrogen sulphide, dimethyl sulphide, methyl mercaptan, sulpher oxides, and several other gases, poisonous & carcinogenic."

I dunno about pulp mills in Idaho... maybe they use a different process the OTHER Jim (McBride) could detail. :-)

And I WAS gonna pull your leg and say "Loggers smell good, Dude." But then the OTHER Jim went and told the truth: "beer & sweat." And I would add: bar oil, gas, 2-cycle oil, diesel, and snoose. Still, much sweeter than ANY pulp mill.

Rich