Re: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4
From: "Diego Sierralta" <cachuu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:30:02 -0400
I am looking at a 50/1.4 on *bay with SN 735xxx. Currently at $5.99 it hasn´t had any bidders in 2 days. Is it really that bad compared to a 1.8 made in japan? Also, forgive my ignorance (I am new to olympus) but what is the difference between a silvernose and a blacknose?

Depends on the SN of the 50/1.4. Below 500,000 (or
silvernosed) probably forget about it this is one of
the few Zuikos that really is much worse than its
blacknosed younger self. Above 1 million I might go
for it over the 50/1.8. $25.00 for a 50/1.8 is a good
price if it's in good condition otherwise look for
something on e*ay.

Mark Lloyd

--- Nicolae Santean <nicolae_santean@xxxxxxxxxxx>