Re: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM ZUIKO f1.8 versus f1.4
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:33:22 +0800
As the 50/1.4 and 1.8 is not that expensive, I will not try anything
too old. My 50/1.4 with S/N 3xx,xxx was soft wide open for close
distance objects (~5-10 feet) even for 4x6 print, although it was only
a little poorer than other 50/1.4 at infinity, it became very sharp at
F2.8. My another 50/1.4 SC at 5xx,xxx range is much better at all
distance and result comparable to my 1,1xx,xxx MC. For all 50/1.4 I
have if you stop down to F2.8 or below, you will not see the different
with bare eyes for 4x6 prints. Even for enlargement you will only see
the different when you make side to side comparison.

You are right about the flare especially for the 50/3.5, I had a mint
one which performed very poor at backlight situation. On the other
hand I like my 50/1.4 with 5xx,xxx better then the one >1 million, the
later one has cooler balance and the print doesn't look very good to
my eyes.

C.H.Ling