Re: [OM] fill flash - am I missing something?

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash - am I missing something?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:10:54 -0500
Wayne,
Yes, by big I meant big building. I used Portra 160 film. For the shots of
the wedding procession I shot at f/5.6 or 8 depending on distance. I also
used this for pre-ceremony shots. Post ceremony I posed the wedding party on
the altar. I used the T32 and an off camera handheld Sunpak flash (my wife
the helper pointed it very well) still using TTL and appropriate cords. I
stood on a folding stepstool at a distance of about 15 feet. TTL worked
well. Prior to the wedding I did some experimentation with the setup at a
party in a large home. It was brighter in the home, but I did quite a bit
outdoors well after dusk. I felt fairly confident going in. The reception
was quite dark. I used Portra 400 there with fine results. Very little
difference in the results between the 2 film speeds. Color balance, contrast
and grain were quite similar.

Although I felt good about my comfort with the equipment, I was nervous
about the actual task. I gained a lot of confidence by referring to John
Lind's website http://johnlind.tripod.com/wedding . A wealth of information
there. Thanks again, John!

-Mickey