Re: [OM] Fisheye

Subject: Re: [OM] Fisheye
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 08:49:13 -0800
It is not exactly the same. You certainly cannot get the wide field of a fisheye lens by filtering a 90mm shot in Photoshop. The whole point of a fisheye lens is that it can cover 180 degrees.

Winsor

Well, if I can do that in photoshop, forget it!! I _have_ photoshop...  ok..

time to try some of this stuff out in photoshop.

I'd much rather use my 90mm lens for the shots, and if I can manipulate them later, all the easier..

Albert

OM4Ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Albert,
Why not utilize a standard digital camera and manipulate the photo in image
editing software like Photoshop. Take your image and use a filter to modify
the picture. In Photoshop the filter is called sphere. It will add a fisheye
or inverse fisheye to the image within the marquee. You could also purchase
aftermarket filters if the factory ones don't do it for you.