Re: [OM] Film Scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Scanners
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:15:41 +0000
Tom

You might like to check that either has a driver for Jaguar.  I have
a Canoscan FS4000 which does not run on OSX (although Amateur
Photographer had an advert the other week showing it attached to an
iMac running OSX).  Other than that, I should go for the Scan Elite.
I had the F2900 using a SCSI interface and it worked well.

Ice cubed is great and saves a lot of time in removing dust and
scratches (on colour scans only), but it is not really the software
for the scanner: that will be Photoshop Elements v1.0, Photoshop LE
or Silverfast.  I have used Elements v1.0 and I am now on v2.0 and I
am very happy with this application.  The Scan Dimage scanners use a
plugin for Photoshop which is reasonable.  I find Vuescan (also
available for OSX) rather unwieldy, perhaps because I have not read
the instructions, and the Minolta plugin works more quickly.

Chris