[OM] Film Scanners

Subject: [OM] Film Scanners
From: Tom Murphy <murphytj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:30:02 +0000
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a film scanner. I've narrowed it down to a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 2 or a Nikon Coolscan 4ED. I'm tending towards the Minolta at the moment because it is cheaper, has a firewire interface and seems to offer all that the Nikon offers.

I have a G4 Mac running MacOS x 10.2.1 (Jaguar).

Anyone have comments, experience of either scanner? I'm particularly interested in comparing the sharpness of the scans as the Nikon has an ED lens where as the Minolta doesn't. Software for both seems comparable (Digital Ice Cubed).

Tom Murphy,
Ireland.