Re: [OM] Photoshop 7.0 offer from Adobe

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop 7.0 offer from Adobe
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:09:40 +0800
Tal Lancaster wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:07:09 EDT
> NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > As an Elements registered user Adobe has just offered me a copy of
> > Photoshop 7.0 for $299 and they will include a book about using
> > Photoshop (Classroom in a Book, I think is the title).  Photoshop has
> > always been one of those "one day, someday" kind of things for me with
> > no sense of urgency to get it.  This pricing looks good enough to make
> > "someday" today.  Any list members see any compelling reason to not go
> > for this offer?  Bill Barber
> >

> Something to keep in mind is that yearly upgrades cost about $200.  So
> once you start and if you want to keep up with the latest versions, you
> will need to pay the yearly usage fee.  Other than that have fun.
>
> Tal

I think it is not that bad, if you got a full version 4 or above you
will have most you wanted. The Element missed the most important
elements like curve and selection mask. The Photoshop LE missed the
geometric distortion tool... The full version has them all, you don't
need the latest version.

C.H.Ling