Re: [OM] Photoshop 7.0 offer from Adobe

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop 7.0 offer from Adobe
From: Tal Lancaster <talrmr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:57:07 -0700
On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:57:32 -0600
Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 11:01 PM 16/10/2002 -0700, Tal Lancaster wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >Something to keep in mind is that yearly upgrades cost about $200.
> >So once you start and if you want to keep up with the latest
> >versions, you will need to pay the yearly usage fee.  Other than that
> >have fun.
>

> There is no "yearly usage fee."  It's a license, not a subscription.
> It's merely coincidence (plus market-driven improvements and
> ever-increasing silicon power) that have seen new versions of
> Photoshop come out approximately every year or so.

Sorry, if I gave out the wrong impression.  I was trying to be
sarcastic.  I just wanted to point out that if one intended to keep up
with the latest changes you would be putting out around $200 (although
the upgrade this last year from 6.x to 7 was only $150) for the new
(major) version.  Which comes out about once a year.

Also a previous poster mentioned that they were able to upgrade using a
version that was much older then the current one being replaced.  That
is good to know.  I had always been worried about being forced to buy a
new copy if I skipped the current upgrade.  However as it has turned
out, I have needed each upgrade any ways.

Tal
--
Tal Lancaster
talrmr@xxxxxxxxxxx