Re: [OM] 350/2.8 lensmount lock (and spare parts question)

Subject: Re: [OM] 350/2.8 lensmount lock (and spare parts question)
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:06:12 +1000
Another suggestion. I have had the most worn sockets on my 350/2.8 re-drilled and threaded to standard 3/8" which gives me much more confidence. I keep a standard Manfrotto small rectangular plate attached to the tripod mounting arm so I am not continually attaching/removing and therefore wearing the threads. Re-drilling and threading to 3/8" wasn't too expensive.

I know many pros seem to like to attach the long lenses straight onto the top of the monopod, but I have a Manfrotto adaptor plate attached permanently to the top of my monopod, and so I can use it with my 350/2.8 as a QR system. The adaptor has a locking pin and so it is secure.

hope this idea helps.

peter

The stripped tripod frame is a different story.  The individual part may be
available, but it isn't shown in the "book".  ZJ169500 is the big ring that
surrounds the body, and CE607500 is the "L"-piece that attaches to it.  Check
with Olympus/parts -- you might get lucky!

Or send it to Oly for their flat rate repair of $300-$2100!

Mike Veglia wrote:

snip
 > Also the tripod mount/handle threads on one of the holes (there are four
 tripod holes--this one just happens to be the one with the best balance
 point) are stripping out. I guess a handle/tripod mount would be asking too
 much--how best to fix? Perhaps some sort of helicoil? (What is the thread

<