Re: [OM] RE: OM-3T vs...

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: OM-3T vs...
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:38:02 -0700
on 10/9/02 11:10 PM, Richard F. Man at richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> So.....the OM system will get pretty far - I may need a digital system to
> do the convention portraits that I mentioned. So why the Leica at all?
> Don't know, probably for the "Leica glow," whatever it is. I used to do B&W
> when I was in high school. Roaming around New York City w/ my FM. Perhaps I
> want to do more of the same, the spontaneous people shots..... The quiet
> shutter is appealing....

For people shots/street pics with RF and quiet shutter, how about an older
fixed lens RF, i.e. Olympus 35-RC, Canon QL-17 GIII, Olympus 35-RD, Minolta
Himatic 7sII, etc? The lenses are typically a slight wide angle, usually
40-45mm focal length, which is probably what you want for street pics, and
they offer basically the same autoexposure as the M7, although not with the
wide range of shutter speeds and lens choices. But you can buy about 3 of
each for the cost of one M7... just to play around with.
--

Jim Brokaw