Re:[OM] Regarding ISPs and Virus filtering

Subject: Re:[OM] Regarding ISPs and Virus filtering
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:54:44 GMT
Cc:
>Personally, I only use yahoo mail and webmail.  These systems
>are much less likely to get the flue than MS Outlook.  Still,
>I am extremely cautious with attachments.  Bugbear only
>registered as a virus when I asked for the attached file to be
>scanned. Normally, contaminated attachments are immediately
>dumped prior to getting to my inbox.

I use Juno for my email list traffic for the same reason.  I
never have to read an email before deleting it, as Juno gives
a list of message subjects with checkboxes upon starting.  That
said, I also use the infamous cheap MS Outlook Express, but
only with Norton Internet Security & AntiVirus.  I never even
had an opportunity to view the virus email as Norton popped-up
with a recommendation for quarantine.  I think Norton is the
best anti-virus utility for home use.

Pete