Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:52:46 -0500
The truly infuriating thing is that parts for some (if not most) of these lenses
are officially "NLA" -- No Longer Available!  When I asked someone at Olympus
how they could still sell items if repair parts weren't available (for warranty
repairs, etc.), I was told that if I had one that needed work I should send it
in to Olympus for repair -- if it needed parts, they'd just go to the warehouse
and strip the part off a new lens!  But they would NOT sell the parts for anyone
"outside" to do the work.