Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses - Prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses - Prices
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 17:43:57 -0700
At 12:16 PM 10/9/2002 -0700, Jim Brokaw wrote:
...While it is a by all accounts fantastic lens, I'm not convinced that it is
worth 5x the cost of the several 90mm macro lenses by Tamron, Tokina, and
Vivitar that are readily available.

Of course, I still want one... finances won't permit it right now, but I do
still want one, even if it isn't 5x better... <sigh>

The 90/2 was one of the first Zuikos I got when I got (re-)inflicted w/ Zuikoholicism. After I bought it, I sold my Tamron 90/2.5 to help the fund a little bit.

No it is not 5x better, but YES, you want it. You need it.