Re: [OM] Carl Zeiss Jena 28-85/4-5 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Carl Zeiss Jena 28-85/4-5 zoom
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:28:45 -0500
Jena was the original location of Zeiss - following the war and the division of Germany the two separate entities were formed. Hence the disagreements over trademarks etc. While West German Zeiss optics have been a cut above, the Jena optical products I have owned (binoculars) and handled have been very good.

Cheers,
Lee