Re: [OM] Carl Zeiss Jena 28-85/4-5 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Carl Zeiss Jena 28-85/4-5 zoom
From: Stuart Landrum <slndrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:12:16 -0400
My understanding is that the Jena lenses are not of the quality one would
expect from Zeiss glass.  Jena is an "offshoot" of Zeiss, which has several
branches in it's history.  This may still be a very good lens, I don't know,
just be aware that the Jena's don't carry the same reputation as "regular"
Zeiss glass.

Stuart Landrum