Re: [OM] Digital photography article

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital photography article
From: Andrew Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:53:02 -0700
DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
>  And, nope, that's not remotely compact -- I wonder if you could
> somehow reverse a slide scanner so it sent out light? It'd be a pain
> to avoid it leaking onto other bits of the image, though.

Easier now than before.  Think fiber-optics, LEDs of a specific frequency.

I worked with such a beast that printed directly onto photographic paper [b&w]
in the mid-eighties in order to do a high-resolution output device.  I don't
know if Bedford Computer ever made one commercially, as laser printers got
cheap at around that time, even if they were 1/10th of the output resolution.