RE: [OM] Some very interesting stats....../Digital transition

Subject: RE: [OM] Some very interesting stats....../Digital transition
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:51:36 -0700
Hey Winsor, the whole thing is a quote, I had not conclusions. However your insight that:

"The pool of knowledgeable film users is getting smaller,
quickly." is probably the best one I've seen.

One thing I could never remember about film was what filter to use under different light (tungsten, incandessant, etc). The white balance controls on digitals are really the best technical thing they offer.

-Bill

Sorry I misunderstood.

I just read the review of the Nikon D100 in Popular Photography. It sounds terrific. The first time I have ever considered abandoning 35 mm film as a possibility for myself. If I could just get used to menus. Can't wait to see what Oly brings out at Fotokina.

Another thought occurred to me as I thought about the dismay the greets the announcement of each new chip, the latest being the 11 megapixel one we talked about a week ago. It may be rather wonderful when they get up about 30 megapixels in about 10 years and you can carry a complete miniaturized medium format resolution system in your old 35mm camera bag with room for your lunch.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California