[OM] Life style change coming up

Subject: [OM] Life style change coming up
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:11:55 -0500
Chuck:

I have been happily using my OM's for a supplemental income to fund my
graduate school.  Although it is true that you can write off equipment
expense, be sure that you don't have a business that looses money at the
end of the year.  The IRS gets suspicious if you don't turn a profit
after a few years - especially if it is border-line "hobby".

Most of my work is for architects, but if I had more time I would start
calling developers/contractors to fill the in-between time.  They
probably won't pay nearly as much, but if you're not looking to support
yourself, it is an easy job to do.  You don't always need the shift
lenses, but if you find that it is turning a good profit for you, these
costs are easily recovered within a year.

I'd be glad to answer any other questions you have off-list if you like.
Good luck, and make sure that whatever you do it is something you enjoy!
;)

Bob Gries

<snip>

Any advice out there from those of you actually managing to turn a
dollar or two from your OM's?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA