Re: [OM] Which film scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which film scanner
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:23:47 -0700
The LS 40 is  the best value for the money. Its better than the LS 2000 in
almost every respect
(higher DPI , ED glass lens, better ICE..etc) In fact the only thing it cannot
do is  batch scan for which
Nikon wants you to get  the upper model (LS4000 ). Multiscan is not required
like in the LS2000, as
shadow noise is almost non existent ! And of course, its also 100s less. In
short the LS40 is the best
scanner on the market for < $1000.

-Tim