Re: [OM] an OM weekend

Subject: Re: [OM] an OM weekend
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:19:04 -0500
At 18:00 9/10/02, you wrote:
Five F-4s is ten (count 'em!) J-79s in burner at once - I remember that as
well.  It was awesome.

Gary Edwards

The loudest single-engine jet aircraft I've ever heard is a MiG-17 "Fresco." Saw one fly at a Grissom AFB air show a number years ago. An incredible roaring sound. As I recall from the description of it given during the aerial demonstration, it was also a major fuel guzzler with an enormous thirst for jet fuel that made it very expensive to fly. As a result, it did not fly that long; only a few minutes for couple high and low speed passes, a handful basic manuevers and a "photo-op" fly-by.

-- John