Re: [OM] Buying a 300 / 4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying a 300 / 4.5
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:10:32 -0700
on 9/10/02 12:54 AM, IanG at I@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> To be specific these two are up for grabs on eBay UK
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1379328586&rd=1
>
> The above I'm tempted on
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1379867679&rd=1
>
> This one was auctioned earlier but didn't reach reserve price with a 226GBP
> bid (around $350USD).
>
> I can ask questions later tomorrow (it's close to 1:00 am here at the
> moment).
>
> Ian

The first one looks pretty nice, from the description/pictures it includes
the case and filter, currently was at 200UKP, so I don't know if over that's
the 'right' price range for you...

The second one doesn't have a case or front cap in the pictures, two things
to ask about. It appears to be MC, does have the tripod ring, and looks
clean in the pics. Currently at 143UKP, without the reserve being met. My
intuition is that the reserve is 200, but you might ask along with inquiring
about the case, cap, and condition.

Something along the lines of 'I wonder if you can let me know your reserve
so I can tell if it will fit in with my budget?' Sometimes sellers don't
have a problem disclosing the reserve if asked... if they won't tell you its
no big deal, just bid what you want anyway. You'll find out if it hits the
reserve soon enough...

Both these lenses appear to be good candidates, although the UK prices seem
high compared with my memory of recent US sales... Prices for that lens must
be higher in the UK... good examples in the US seem to be bringing a little
lower prices.
--

Jim Brokaw