RE: [OM] Re: flash in stadiums [was: Re: zoom v. prime]

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: flash in stadiums [was: Re: zoom v. prime]
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:07:19 +1000

Winsor Crosby wrote on Sunday, September 08, 2002 1:43 AM
Subject: [OM] Re: flash in stadiums [was: Re: zoom v. prime]

Part of it is the manufacturer.  My neighbor tells me he uses flash
when it is not necessary because his camera does not allow him to
turn it off. He has an Olympus Stylus and I know he is wrong. The
problem is that the settings are not saved when he turns it off and
it returns to flash default.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

Winsor, I turned the flash off on my Stylus when we visited Las Vegas and
got a nice lot of pictures (even if I do say so myself <g>) while walking
the Strip at night. But it was interesting to see the myriads of flashes
from other walkers.

John.