RE: [OM] Digital SLR

Subject: RE: [OM] Digital SLR
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:12:46 -0400
Yes, that sounds accurate.  I believe the colored grid patterns are
proprietary and so are the algorithms that create the final images.
Usually there are more green filters than red and blue, as I understand
it.  The program in the camera takes a grid of the red green and blue
pixels (they may be RGGB or GBRGB, or something like that) and
calculates what the final pixel color should be.  That is stored and the
camera goes on to the next pixel.  That was one of the big advantages of
the Foveon technology - it actually has 3 layers, like film and so
doesn't require the elaborate calculations.

Jim Caldwell