Re: [OM] Digital SLR

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital SLR
From: Andrew Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 17:26:51 -0700
My understanding is that red and blue are mapped 1:1 but there are duplicate
green pixels [try mapping triangular groups onto a square grid] and those are
the ones that need to be computed.  I presume that if a known bad ["hot"]
pixel is green then it will just be ignored, from your description.

Of course, I'm sure there are other ways of attacking this problem.  Kodak has
a good primer on imaging technology on their web site if anyone's interested.
I believe it's buried within the Professional side of things.
        andy
ps. If we ever get real Foveon chips ... look out film!  1:1:1 mapping as the
color layers are overlaid.