Re: [OM] Digital SLR

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital SLR
From: Andrew Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 17:33:39 -0700
To followup on my own email, the graphic I am thinking of is on the Foveon web
site "X3 Technology" -> "Why we're better".

Consider this.  One row is red alternated with green.  The next row is green
alternated with red.  For one "pixel" [a 2x2 square] you have two greens, one
red, one blue.

This also explains why the astrophotog dudes using cameras will make images
with just the green channel if they can get at it [storage be damned] in a raw
[just the bits m'am] image.