Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development
From: Ed Senior <newshawk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 19:40:49 -0400
Larry, you missed my point. Netscape Composer is a basic "no frills" WYSIWYG/hand coding web page design tool... much better than using MS Word and somewhat better than using Wordpad, as it has a preview window built in. Anyone hand coding their HTML will automatically make the HTML cross-platform, as it is web page editors such as Front Page, et al, that chuck in the MS bloat.

I'm just saying that if you haven't followed the sheeple down the IE path and have Netscape, you already have a pretty darn good HTML editor at your fingertips.

BTW, I've had IE on my computers for the last five years, yet I still turn to Netscape every day to surf the web. I guess I'm much stronger mentally than most of the Windows users... or maybe I just like to march to the beat of a different drum. Either way, though I may have to use his software (for now), I'm not letting Bill Gates take over my mind!

Ed Senior
Netscape since 1995 and proud of it!

Larry wrote:

That's great, but its a matter of dollars & brainwashing. Microsoft is far
more money hungry & powerful, so they are able to force Internet Explorer
onto people making their subconcious mind say monotonely "It is better than
Netscape" "It is better than Netscape" So the directions of code Internet
Explorer takes, web designers will righteously take causing websites to
have problems on Netscape.
If sites were written for Netscape, Internet Explorer would have problems.
This will never happen. Microsoft is too subconciously powerful, and web
designers are beginning to truly believe their mouths as they profess
Internet Explorer to be "better".

SO...Any Netscape suggestions will fall on deaf ears. :)