Re: [OM] Focus Screen # 12

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Screen # 12
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:59:30 -0700
Oly doesn't say why they don't recommend the 1-12 screen for anything other than macro/microphotographyt and no one else on the list has volunteered (but may yet!), the only way to find out is to try it. Let us know, please, when you do.

Speculation: Maybe it only works well with a lens with very shallow depth of field and can mislead about where the center of the DOF is on more conventional lenses?

Moose

Damon Wood wrote:

    So therefore I can use the 1-12 screen for tele and super tele,
    keeping in mind the cross - hairs and diopter correction? I hope
    so cos I dont really want to fork out for a screen that may prove
    hard to get!