Re: [OM] Focus Screen # 12

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Screen # 12
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:48:26 +1000 (EST)
Thanks moose for the valuable information. Anyway......., a Query,
  dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The crucial thing to remember with this screen is that the cross-hairs
must be in sharp focus, using the diopter adjustment on the camera, for
the image on film to end up in focus. Unlike conventional screens where
a real image is formed on a matte screen, the aerial image of the 1-12
can be in sharp focus through the viewfinder when not actually focused
for the film plane. Having both the image and the little lines in the
center of the screen in sharp focus at the same time is the only way to
assure focus. Oly only recommends this screen for 1:1 macro through
micro photography, but I don't know why. The equivalent screen for long
teles is the 1-7. I have one of those, and it works quite well. See the
eSIF for more info on focusing screens.

Moose

----------------

Thanks for the reply moose. I completely forgot about the site you gave me -
its basically got everything you need!

You wrote 'Oly only recommends this screen for 1:1 macro through
micro photography, but I don't know why. The equivalent screen for long
teles is the 1-7. I have one of those, and it works quite well'.

So therefore I can use the 1-12 screen for tele and super tele, keeping in mind
the cross - hairs and diopter correction? I hope so cos I dont really want to
fork out for a screen that may prove hard to get!

Thanks moose!

Damo