Re: [OM] S Zuiko ZOOM 35-70mm/F3.5-4.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] S Zuiko ZOOM 35-70mm/F3.5-4.5?
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:54:11 +1000 (EST)
Moose,
thanks for your opinion and experience with the lens and other zuiko's.
It has given me a little hindsight into the lens on a practical level. Speaking
of that, I do have large, but skinny fingers which is a little difficult
sometimes on the OM's, but with a Winder attached like I permanently do, Its
all relatively fine.
Ive got to do our graphics for a company website in the next week, so I will
let the list and you know when it is up and running with all the 'tech' specs.
This is where I am hoping to put my 4Ti and 35-70 3.5~4.5 to the test (and the
rest of the kit)!
Chow and happy snaps to all!
Damo

  dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: As Gary noted in his test, ergonomic
satisfaction with this lens can
vary a lot with different individuals. I love the diminutive size, but I
have relatively long, slender fingers. I'm sure people with relatively
large and/or blunt fingers could find operation more difficult. I find
fit, finish and feel to be up to that of my (many) other Zuikos. I think
it's a perfect match to the OM-PC and have no trouble focusing on OM-PC
bodies. The close focus is also really a nice feature (and better than
the 35-80).

The 35-80/2.8 is a whole different thing, cost aside, as it is about
twice as long and about 3.5x the weight. Even the 35-70/3.6, at only
twice the weight and 1.5x the length is bulky and heavy enough to create
a different 'experience' of picture taking. A 35-70/3.5-4.5 on an OM-PC
is light, casual and free. A big lens on a single digit OM is heavier
and more serious. Sometimes I feel like serious photography, sometimes I
don't.

Moose