Re: [OM] Re: OM DLSR

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM DLSR
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:56:05 -0400
On Friday, August 30, 2002 at 9:15, C.H.Ling <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] Re: OM DLSR" saying:

> Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Apparently the OM->Eos adaptor is non-auto. Anyone have experience?
>
> I have no experience but I read from all source that it is non-auto.
> Don't expect the one from Olympus (if any) will be auto, it is very
> hard to make).

If you have control of the body, and it's thinner than an OM, then
basic auto functionality should be no difficulty.

I predict Olympus will release a series of adaptors for as many makes
as possible, at least for the manual focus lenses. Perhaps there will
be some aperture control à la OM-PC, or just aperture preferred.

There may even be some makers' AF lenses supported, but that is
probably tied up in both complexity and patents.

This will make the ODSLR everyone's second choice, especially MF
laggards, and if it is lighter, cheaper, and better than C*non and
N*kon, everyone's first choice.

But everyone will be watching for the new WA and normal lenses.
Is an f/1 in the works? Will they deliver better raw pix?

I wonder what the flash sync will be? T-compatible? Faster speeds à la
Pen?

tOM

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714