Re: [OM] Travel Kits

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel Kits
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 01:00:27 EDT
Gosh, this is one of those kinda depends questions.  I have for a 20+ years
had a Haliburton case I use when I don't want to lug all or any of my stuff
thru a bunch of airports.  So I can use it either as an only or supplemental
case.  It is black and obviously a case that carries valuables however it has
never been stolen in a good number of trips all around the world.  I have had
a few baggage handlers test its durability and it has a few dents and scrapes
to prove it.  The case I usually use is a Tamrac softsided that holds two
camera and lenses and about 4 or 5 other lenses or components of similar
size.  I don't know the model number, however it is about 40% the size of my
new model 614 Tamrac.  The smaller bag currently has an OM 2S, with a 400mm
Zuiko and 25mm extension tube attached which is about the limit as far as
length is concerned in this bag and also in my gear locker.  It would still
hold 4 or 5 lenses and another body.  So that case would be ample for many if
not most of my travel and easily would make it as a carry on bag.  I would
interested in hearing from anyone who has traveled with a 614 Tamrac.  I'd
hate to carry it to the airport and have them insist on checking it.  It is
big enough to carry everything photographic one might need and have enough
room to stash a few toiletries and a change of underwear in the event you got
bumped.  Bill Barber