Re: [OM] Colors of Cameras and Lenses (Was Wow! 2 350/2.8 at once!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Colors of Cameras and Lenses (Was Wow! 2 350/2.8 at once!)
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:05:07 -0700
8/25/2002 6:51:32 PM, Charles Sdunek <csdunek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>At 08:26 PM 8/25/02, you wrote:
>>Just wondering here (obviously a slow day...).... why.... aren't MOST camera
>>bodies AND lenses, NO MATTER THE SIZE, ALL-white, as opposed to the
>>traditional black?  I can see a good rationale for black INSIDE the body and
>>any lens, to absorb any extraneous light that might find its way inside, but
>>why black OUTSIDE, as well?  Why not white, to keep the body (and hence, the
>>film inside) & lens elements, helicoid grease, etc. cool?
>
>Tradition...  why are most computers biege?  because that's what sells the
>best.
>
>Charles

doesn't kirchoff's law say that the colour that is best at absorbing heat is
also best at radiating it? so it would make sense to have dark colored bodies
and
lenses. all the radiators in cars i've come across are dark, either black or
dark gray (the tubing, the fins might be lighter), ditto refridgerator evap
coils.