Re: [OM] New Digital OM nostalgia?

Subject: Re: [OM] New Digital OM nostalgia?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:11:51 -0700
All this information starting to leak through about the Olympus DSLR is
quite exciting for me, in a way (the cost aspect scares me though). Keep
it coming!

However, I have read two posts from list members that imply the Olympus
DSLR lenses may be of plastic construction. While this may turn out to
be true, the E-10 lens assembly does not seem to be plastic in the way
of, say, and IS1, 2, or 3. In fact, plastic hood aside, it seems to be a
very nice mechanical design that seems very stout and is (at least
mostly) metal. I have to believe a DSLR system that includes a
professional body would have lenses of at least somewhat robust construction.

But, an adapter would be way cool. I would love to use my 350/2.8 on a
high quality digital with a multiplication factor in the 1.5-1.7 range.
Wouldn't need to use the 1.4XA as often anymore either ;-)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com