Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:59:17 -0700
In a message dated 8/21/2002 Johnny Johnson writes (right before ducking):

<< Actually the manual for the C-3040 is 227 pages, all in English but the
type is reasonably large and there's lots of pictures of the menus and
such.  They published separate manuals for each language.  If  the OM-4/4Ti
had as many useful features as the C-3040 it'd require a manual that big
too. >>

Wow. That's a lot of pages. Boy, I sure hope that someday my OM-4T can
create images as well as a C-3040 with all those "useful features" it's
missing ;-) I guess I wasted my $$$ buying that E-10 ;-) Shoulda just opted
for a consumer model Olympus digital--I had no idea they were packed with so
many useful features. That sounds like a lot more manual than my E-10 (but
I'll now have to go check--it has been ages since I looked at the E-10
manual) but I guess maybe it is intuitive enough (but of course lacking in
features) that maybe it didn't need such a big manual ;-)

(Now I'm ducking too!)

An aside, in learning to shoot with the E-10, I have learned that it is best
to turn off as many automated "useful features" as possible. It works better
that way. ISO locked on 80. White Balance set to the appropriate color
temperature--manually. Manual focus often. Never use "P" mode. The closer I
can make it work like an OM, the better my results are with it.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com