Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:42:01 -0400
At 03:17 PM 8/21/02 -0700, Mike Veglia wrote:

For the life of me I can not imagine the C-3040 having a metering system any
better than found in an E-10 (but it is possible--multi spot is cool
assuming it can easily be used). I can say from (a lot of) first hand
experience that the E-10 AE metering system does not even come close to a
professional OM body for speed and accuracy.

[snip]

Sounds
like you haven't used an OM much. Instant feedback is great--while you're
learning. *Knowing* what you're going to get based on experience will get
the cagey fish every time though. Sorta like a stocked rainbow vs a native
brown.

Hi Mike,

You're right, it's too bad you spent all that money and your E-10 is that bad. Maybe there's someone on the List that will take it off your hands without you having to take too much of a loss and you can get a digital with a decent metering system. As for my C-3040, I'd say the metering is just as good, if not better than any of the OMs I've been using for the past 25 years including my current OM-10, OM-1n, OM-2n, or two OM-4's. Of course, if I use those bodies for another 25 years maybe I'll get good enough to always capture the shot in tricky lighting situations like's possible with the C-3040 but - at my age - there probably aren't enough years left! :-)

Thanks for the rise - I was getting discouraged at my technique!
Johnny