RE: [OM] what would be a reasonabe price for a 35mm shift

Subject: RE: [OM] what would be a reasonabe price for a 35mm shift
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:11:52 -0500
Bob:

What I meant by "it doesn't mate well" is that the meter takes a bit to
settle down after the aperture has been closed.  It is necessary to
close down the aperture for metering (and shooting, of course! ;)) and
with the OM-1 it takes a little while.  I usually carry around an
incident meter, and not worry about the one in the camera, which
actually makes things a lot faster.  I also shoot with a 4Ti, which is
invaluable for its spot meter.

I hope not to discourage you from the purchase of a shift lens if you
have an OM-1.  it is really one of the most versatile lenses in the
group, and will serve you well.

Bob

<snip>

Bob, you cautioned using the 35mm shift with an OM-1. Doesn't mate well.
What did you mean? Will it work at all? Don't have the $$ for one today,
but always wanted one...