Re: [OM] what would be a reasonabe price for a 35mm shift

Subject: Re: [OM] what would be a reasonabe price for a 35mm shift
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 20:58:33 -0400
Bob,

Welcome to the list.  You'll get a ton of answers to the question, but I'll
jump in.  If you want a body that has the same 'feel' as your OM-1, then an
OM-2 or OM-2n is perfect.  Hard to tell them apart and you can even switch
the OM-2 into manual mode and it has the same match needle system.  With
patience, you're looking at $125 or so.

Next up would be an OM-2SP.  Different beast -- in the same physical body as
the OM-4.  Does manual (with spot metering), aperture preferred automatic
and, unique to the single digit bodies, Program mode, where the camera picks
both aperture and shutter speed (as long as you set the lens on the highest
f-number, such as f/22).  A great body with a big following here.  Roughly
$200.

Next up would be the OM-4.  Wonderful multi-spot metering.  Simply a great
camera.  Some are starting to have problems with their circuits, so check it
out well and get a return guarantee.  Quick test -- put it on battery test.
If the beep shuts off in 30 seconds or so, it's the new circuit from the
OM-4T.  Good thing.  Roughly $275-300.

Top of the heap is the OM-4T or OM-4Ti.  Same thing, different names.
Basically the same camera as the 4, but adds the ability to do Super FP
flash with the F280 flash -- meaning true fill flash, even at 1/2000.  Also
more reliable and less of a battery eater.  Roughly $400-500.

If it was me, I'd start with a nice OM-2 or OM-2n.

Tom

P.S. Be careful admitting that you're a headhunter.  There are several
unemployed OM users on the list and we'll hit you up for jobs.