[OM] Question on 20/2 and 38/2.8 macro lenses

Subject: [OM] Question on 20/2 and 38/2.8 macro lenses
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 04:16:27 -0700 (PDT)
When I read about these two lenses one thing I never
really understood was how they and their slower manual
counterparts could be considered 20 and 28 mm lenses
or how they have the f2, 2,8, 3.5 rating when for the
20mm the 1-12 screen is the only screen that shows the
image with any brightness. Based on the specs shown on
e-sif their true specs are more like 400mm (based on
degrees of FOV) f22 or something like that. Thnaks in
advance for your enlightenment.

Mark Lloyd