RE: [OM] 200 ISO, was what to shoot in London

Subject: RE: [OM] 200 ISO, was what to shoot in London
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:18:08 -0500
Well, AGFA Scala is a great film rated at ISO 200.  it can be pushed or
pulled either way, but shooting it straight has yielded excellent
results.

Provia F 400 is certainly a good film, and only marginally inferior to
the 100 speed version.  If you are thinking print film, I would go with
the Fuji films as they incorporate the 4th layer of cyan to help balance
mixed lighting interiors, which I am sure you will encounter.  I'd
recommend, however to under-rate the film by 1/2-2/3 stop.  Also, look
at the 800 speed.  It is amazingly fine grain for all of it's speed.

<snip>

My impression from several film articles is that 200 ISO film is sort
of the stepchild that no one likes.  Images(grain, color, contrast,
etc.) are reputed to be no better than a good ISO400 in exchange for
the loss of 1 F stop. I know if I cannot make do with 100 ISO I want
a jump to 400.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California