RE: [OM] light travel kit usage [Wayne]

Subject: RE: [OM] light travel kit usage [Wayne]
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:19:57 -0500
Wayne,

Naaaah! Can't help it. I have to be honest; the old R'35s are simply in a class of their own. They are to 35mm rangefinders what the OM-1 is to 35mm SLRs. Compact/handy - mechanical - great design and very, very well-made ... largely of metal. In all the years I had mine I don't even recall using the meter on it. And it was dropped from a great height (about 20 feet) down the side of a rooftop - and still functioned fine for over ten years.

Only thing is, the cost of the German made ones is going through the roof - and even the ones made in Singapore are getting up there. ...... But I have a plan ;)