Re: [OM] ( OM ) Photographic manipulation & Ansel Adams

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Photographic manipulation & Ansel Adams
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:23:18 +0100
On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:36:04 EDT, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>What is the crack "If you were a student of photography" supposed to
>accomplish besides being insulting? I fully understand all about "darkroom
>technique", I've been taking and printing B&W for 30 years or more, I've been
>all through 'dodging', 'burning', etc. For you to imply I don't know anything
>about photography is insulting.

I really don't think Steve meant it like that at all. I think he was
merely saying that students of photography would learn about darkroom
manipulation early in their course, rather than to imply that you did
not do so.

A problem of different nuances of the English language each side of
the pond, perhaps?

Please let's be friends here. I've seen another list closed by the
list owner because of persistent unpleasantness and we wouldn't want
that, I'm sure.

Regards

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)