[OM] Dudley Do-right fix my negative / archive slide scanning

Subject: [OM] Dudley Do-right fix my negative / archive slide scanning
From: "Buddy Walters" <BWalters@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:21:16 -0700
For all of those that are disappointed with some of Ansel Adams darkroom
techniques, I offer this suggestion.
Take Two bodies and load one with print film and use the great Olympus
Auto mode.  The other body has to be in manual mode and load a roll of
Velvia.
Next you must go to various scenes and take photos with each camera
(manual mode first of course) of the same scene.  Middle of the day
would be great, maybe on a nice white sandy beach, or downtown with some
harsh shadows.  Maybe find a real shiny black car in the sun and shoot
around it.
Next compare the outcome.
I'll bet the prints taken with the auto camera and printed on the auto
machines will be far and away your best exposures.
Maybe before judgment is passed on Ansel's developing techniques, we
should consider what most partake in, and take for granted by shooting
print film in Auto mode every day.
Tweak, adjust, enhance in the camera or at Wall Marts Fuji's auto
developer / printer or do it by hand.
Who cares?  Just get the shot and make it look pretty and be proud.
BW