Re: [OM] archive slide scanning

Subject: Re: [OM] archive slide scanning
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:17:39 -0400
I admit PhotoShop has its uses, but some things are possible with almost
any photo editing program that would be impossible in a real darkroom.  For
instance, in my TOPE 10 shot, I completely removed a sign by the road at
the left of the picture that was distracting.  This, of course, was
something I had no control over at the time -- at least not without risking
arrest for destruction of government property -- so that's my
justification.  My gripe is when these programs become the Dudley Doright
of photography, riding in to save the day when Little Nell didn't do the
job taking the original shot, counting on Dudley to fix it later.

Walt