Re: [OM] ( OM ) Photographic manipulation & Ansel Adams

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Photographic manipulation & Ansel Adams
From: "Steve" <Steve.Gullick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:39:52 +0100
Every B&W print you see exhibited will have been manipulated to a greater or
lesser extent. Every one!!

The idea is not to make the picture more exciting, although it often does, but
to try to give a more real impression of what the scene was really like. Film
cannot record as much detail as the human eye so it has to be helped a little.