Re: [OM] trip to Beijing

Subject: Re: [OM] trip to Beijing
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:23:26 -0700
I was in China for only two days, just Bejing and the surrounding area, but
it was way back in 1986.  As you can imagine, an American tourist, traveling
alone, was quite an unusual sight.  All I had time to do was the standard
touristy things, the square, Ming tombs, Great Wall, but it will always be
one of my greatest memories.  The only camera I took was my trusty XA.

I guess my recommendation would be a good wide angle, more than anything
else.  Getting the majesty of the country begs for it.

And have fun.

Tom

I went on a tour and tried to evaluate the possibilities to travel on
my own.  After exiting a train station I looked back and could not
identify which part of the huge building I had come out of and could
not decipher the signs.  Don't know how you did it.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?