Re: No, just the OM40 PC :) (was: Re: [OM] wide lens &PC )

Subject: Re: No, just the OM40 PC :) (was: Re: [OM] wide lens &PC )
From: Simon Gotlieb <simong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:40:27 +1200
Thought I'd add my $0.02 on the OM-40 (PC) as an owner of one as well.

Mine is in absolutely pristine but spends a lot of its time in a Pelican
case awaiting the time when I've run out of film on my OM-1 and just 'have'
to take that shot.

The plastic does have a slightly rubbery-plasticky feel to it, but I've
gotten used to that, however I do prefer the metal and leather type feel of
the OM-1.

My only complaint about it is mainly because the OM-1 is so easy to use.
When shooting manually with the OM40 I find it a bit annoying that it reads
out exposure speeds for me and I have to either check the speed ring or spin
it around and count back again to make sure I have the correct exposure.
Much easier on the OM-1 to just choose my aperture and then just spin it
around till the needle reads right - but that's just personal opinion. I
would have preferred it to work more like the OM-2.

The ESP metering is surprisingly good and has handled most situations really
well, and of course it syncs with my T20 much better than the OM-1.

As for a P&S camera, I much prefer my IS-1000. With autofocus its great for
a fast picture.

BTW I missed out on a great opportunity yesterday, when I took my films to
be developed. Wellington Photographic Supplies had a mint OM-4 with a
Vivitar Series 1 28-100 tele-zoom on it for NZD$495 - about US$235. I went
home to plead and beg with my wife to be allowed to add it to my collection
and of course when I got back, it was gone. That'll teach me to wait and ask
permission!

Cheers guys
--

?