Re: [OM] wide lens &PC

Subject: Re: [OM] wide lens &PC
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:28:06 +0300
OK, it's been a bad week for my Zuikohaulism - but a good week for
bargains. I picked up a Sirius 18-28 that seems to have the same
specifications as the Samyang - only $51.00  Question: anyone know if it is
the same lens? I assume it is, as it looks the same, etc...

Also, regarding the OMPC/40 - I agree entirely with Moose. While awaiting
delivery of my OM4 (purchased from a list member) I sold my trusty OM2 -
and started making use of the OM40 that was a backup. Turns out - it really
is an excellent camera - I have to agree with the sentiments stated so far.
Handy to have the film window, better hold of the flash, I have made use of
the pre-fire on a tripod, and generally, it's easy to carry (and you don't
worry about it as much). Only thing I don't like is it has a kind of greasy
feel - but that might be because a former owner took pictures at the local
fish and chips or something..I don't know....Of course, the off camera
flash is a little trickier - but can be accomplished.  I used the OM40 for
the last TOPE. I was so happy with this camera, I went and bought another
one (A PC version) this week ($42.00 with lens - supposedly in excellent
condition- we'll see). That way - I won't worry about a circut board dying
on me. Of course - it raises a new question. Will the 35-70 3.5/4.5 look
better on the OMPC....or on the OM40??? Decisions, decisions....any advice
happily accepted.

By the way - regarding the terrorist threats in Vegas - I'll trade you for
those in Haifa, Israel, ANY DAY!!!

Benson
Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa